The Echo Theater Company
Office at the Atwater Village Theater
3269 Casitas Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90039
The Echo Theater Company seeks a self starter and professional Development Manager to join its team. Hailed as “LA’s best bet for ballsy original plays” by the LA Weekly, the Echo is celebrating its 20th season with a new commitment to and development of advancement opportunities.
The newly created position of Development Manager, reporting to the Producing Director and Board of Directors, will help build on existing development practices as well as creating new initiatives to work towards the fiscal success of the Echo Theater Company. Day to day tasks may include:
- Developing and implementing an Individual Donor Campaign & Strategy in coordination with the Board of Directors, Artistic Director, and Producing Director.
- Corresponding with Board Members on company updates and coordinating quarterly Board meetings.
- Tracking donations and pledges, including donations from Board members and CFG donors.
- Acknowledging donations with written thank you letters, and developing new donor appreciation ideas in coordination with each production.
- Developing, tracking, and implementing a CFG (Corporate, Foundation, and Governmental) Grant Calendar. Work with staff on writing grants for all appropriate opportunities.
- Working with Producing Director and Audience Services Manager to produce 3 annual fundraising events.
- Work with local businesses to secure in-kind or monetary sponsorship in coordination each production.
- Attend a bi-weekly staff meeting and quarterly company meeting. Provide appropriate updates.
A successful candidate for Development Manager will have the following qualifications:
- An Undergraduate Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in grant writing, donor campaigns & strategy, and non-profit boards preferred.
- A love for theater and the performing arts
- A positive, self-starter attitude, and the ability to work independently.
COMPENSATION & HOURS
This is an hourly non-exempt position approximately 12-16 hours per week. Hourly pay rate determined by experience. Hours are flexible. Start date is approximately June 1, 2017.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to Producing Director Jesse Cannady at email@example.com. EOE. ADA accessible office. No phone calls please.