What Happened When
Preview: July 25th, Performances- July 26th- August 23rd
“TIGHT AND POWERFUL… the theatrical equivalent of a triple espresso shot… for those willing to take the ride, it’s a moving, indelible experience…. RECOMMENDED… STAGE RAW TOP TEN” — Terry Morgan, Stage Raw
“RIVETING… keeps you on the edge of your seat. It unspools like a ghost story on a dark and stormy night but not like any ghost story you’ve ever seen before… If this initial production is any indication of what to expect, make plans to see all three. It’s that good.” — Ellen Dostal, BroadwayWorld
“CHILLING… Make a date to go see this at least once, if not with all three casts.” — Rachel Flanagan, Discover Hollywood
Brooding, compelling, funny and startling. Memories unravel and dark truths are revealed in a haunting ghost story by Rattlestick Playwrights Theater’s Daniel Talbott (Slipping). Chris Fields directs the West Coast premiere of What Happened When for The Echo Theater Company, opening at Atwater Village Theatre.
On a snowy night in a rural farmhouse, three siblings huddle together in the dark with a flashlight, while the audience (unseen by them) gathers closely around.
“Expect to be fully immersed in Daniel’s beautiful, provocative and disturbing memory play,” says Fields.
• Written by Daniel Talbott
• Directed by Chris Fields
• The Ensemble: Kenzie Caplan, Randall Clute, Matthew Gallenstein, Mara Klein, Ellen Neary, Chris Stack,Iam Bamberg, Joey Stromberg and Libby Woodbridge
• Presented by The Echo Theater Company, Chris Fields artistic director
Preview: July 25
Performances: July 26 – Aug. 23
• Tuesdays at 8 p.m.: July 31, Aug. 7, Aug. 14, Aug. 21
• Wednesdays at 8 p.m.: July 25 (preview), Aug. 1, Aug. 8. Aug. 15. Aug. 22
• Thursdays at 8 p.m.: July 26 (Opening Night), Aug. 2, Aug. 9, Aug. 16, Aug. 23